Different types of perfume. Did you know that there are various intensities of perfume? And these concentrations actually form distinct categories of scents.
These concentrations also impact the price of the perfume. With all of this in mind, it can be easy to become confused about the meaning of each type of scent and which one you should choose.
The different perfume categories
Perfume can be divided into five primary categories:
- Perfume or Parfum,
- Eau de Toilette
- Eau de Perfume
- Eau de Cologne,
- and the last one is Eau Fraiche.
I want to create a new category called “perfume oils,” adding to the existing six categories. The main difference between these categories is the concentration of essential oils in the fragrance base, which can be oil, alcohol or water.
When discussing the concentrations of essential oils in the various categories, it is important to note that only natural perfumes can guarantee that these essential oils have been produced from purely natural ingredients. Many popular perfumes are made with synthetic “perfume extracts” that can sometimes come from animals.
Always verify the contents and certifications of the perfumes you buy to make sure they are all 100% natural and vegan if that is something essential to you. I sincerely hope this tutorial will enable you to distinguish between them all. Now, we will know briefly about what are the, different types of perfume.
PERFUME / PARFUM:
This fragrance blend contains the highest concentration of essential oils or “perfume extract,” ranging from 20-30 percent. It is the priciest of all the classifications due to the higher oil concentrations.
- It is typically thicker and heavier.
- Reports suggest that it can last up to 24 hours and sometimes longer.
Because it contains less alcohol than other products, it is suitable for people with sensitive skin.
EAU DE TOILETTE
Perfume manufacturers produce this category of perfumes with essential oil or “perfume extract” concentrations ranging from 5-15%.
They package it in spray bottles and create a mild composition.
Most people mistake eau de toilette for perfume when they purchase “perfume,” although it is surprisingly the most widely used type of fragrance.
It has a shorter lifespan of two to four hours and is significantly less expensive than eau de parfum.
Its low ratio of essential oils and strong alcohol content cause it to dissipate quickly.
- Hope you are understanding what are the, different types of perfume
EAU DE PERFUME
- This is also a main perfume category in, different types of perfume.
- The scent combination in this perfume category includes 15-20% essential oils, or “perfume extract,” and it is more affordable than perfume. With this combination of fragrances, the next higher fragrance category with the highest oil content is established.
• It still contains a lot of scent oils despite having a little bit more water and alcohol in the ingredients.
• It may go on for 6 to 8 hours.
• Although it has a slightly higher alcohol content, it is still recommended for people with sensitive skin.
EAU DE COLOGNE
- Eau de Cologne, which contains essential oils or “perfume extract” in amounts ranging from 2-4%, is one of the fragrance concentrations with the least weight.
- There are also female eau de colognes, although they are often perceived as a male fragrance.
- You usually need more and need to apply them frequently, so they frequently come in huge bottles.
- It doesn’t cost too much and lasts for up to two hours.
- Fragrances with essential oil and “perfume extract” concentrations of roughly 1-3% fall under this group.
- The main element of “Eau Fraiche,” which means fresh water, is water.
- People use it as a refresher, and it lasts up to an hour.
We would like to include the final category, which is perfume oils.
- These are pure oil-based scents, and the mixtures do not have any added alcohol or water.
- The “perfume” scent component in perfume oils can have varying concentrations of essential oils.
- The blend of perfume oils usually contains up to 20% of fragrance essential oils, with a carrier oil making up the remaining portion.
Now you don’t face any problem in choosing perfume because you know what are the, different types of perfume.